San Diego 6 has an opening for a full-time web site producer/manager. We are looking for someone who is an organized journalist who can produce stories for our web site, coordinate Internet content, contribute to, develop and organize our various digital accounts, create Facebook Fan pages for staff and management, manage our Twitter accounts, other social media sites, and webcasts.
This person will be responsible for research, gathering and publishing news stories in coordination with our news staff each day, working from press releases, wire stories, news sources and other information to assist the newscast producers.
The web producer will also work closely with our ISP, Broadcast Interactive Media (BIM) to find ways to make the web site more usable, to make the station’s app site more appealing and to increase our page views.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong writer, experienced in AP Style writing/guidelines, working already various social media systems; as well as someone who is familiar with the Internet and the website insights and analytics.
· Post news stories staff is working on each day
· Find and post new stories of reader interest each day
· Coordinate and train staff on posting stories on the web daily
· Be familiar with Internet and Internet operations
· Conceive new strategies for maximizing web searches for increased unique viewers
· Create web graphics from current or past stories or graphics bank that would best illustrate news stories on web site and attract readers to site
· Write news stories for site that are accurate, conversational and grammatically correct
· Be available for newscast producer fill-in and on-call as needed
· Monitor feeds, email news releases and wires for latest, most compelling elements to add to web site
· React in a timely way to breaking news including posting and updating content on site
· Coordinate multi-platform elements and cross-promote to other platforms such as Facebook & Twitter
· Create Facebook Fan pages for all on-air talent, managers and others who want to partake in the Fan page
· Oversee posting of video elements to web, mobile and other platforms daily
· Experienced in web-based writing and production
· B.S. or B.A. in Television Production, Journalism or related field or equivalent years of experience in the news environment.
· Be familiar with or willing to learn latest CMS operational procedures from Internet Service Providers such as BIM
· Be familiar with latest Facebook protocols, metrics and operational procedures
· Supervise Fan pages to ensure compliance and participation of staff
· Effectively communicate with co-workers, upper management and department heads
· Alert Executive Producer when there is significant breaking news
· Attend meetings as assigned including but not limited to editorial, post-show and planning meetings
· Contribute to team effort and positive morale in newsroom
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for consideration:
E-mail or mail cover letter& resume to:
Human Resources (Web Producer FT)
Bay City Television
8253 Ronson Road
San Diego, CA 92111
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please
Background and Drug testing required